Austin, Texas – Councilmember LaWana Mayfield, Charlotte, N.C. was elected 2015 president of the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Local Officials (GLBTLO) constituency group during the group’s business meeting at the National League of Cities’ (NLC) Congress of Cities & Exposition in Austin, Texas.
“I am truly honored to serve as incoming President of GLTBLO,” said Councilmember Mayfield. “I hope to work with leadership to grow this constituency group and spread the work of the National League of Cities and the importance of openly gay, lesbian, transgender and bisexual local elected officials.”
Other officers serving on the GLBTLO Board of Directors include:
- 1st Vice President: Andy Amoroso, commissioner, Lake Worth, Fla.
- 2nd Vice President: Tom Green, commissioner, Wilton Manors, Fla.
- Immediate Past President: Keith McGlashan, councilmember, Shoreline, Wash.
- William Boom, councilmember, Davenport, Iowa
- Philip Kingston, councilmember, Dallas, Texas
- Adam Medrano, councilmember, Dallas, Texas
- Greg Pettis, councilmember, Cathedral City, Calif.
Established in 1993, the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Local Officials (GLBTLO) constituency group is a voluntary association of local elected and appointed officials formed within NLC to encourage the active involvement and full participation of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender municipal officials and their supporters, in NLC’s organization and programs.
The National League of Cities (NLC) is dedicated to helping city leaders build better communities. NLC is a resource and advocate for 19,000 cities, towns and villages, representing more than 218 million Americans.